Army Medical Malpractice

We help retired Army Veterans and Active Duty Servicemembers Win FTCA Cases

Can I sue the Army for
Medical Malpractice?

If you have been injured at an Army hospital or clinic, you may be able to file an FTCA claim against the U.S. Government. United States law allows victims of Army medical malpractice or negligence potential recourse through the Federal Tort Claims Act.

The Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) provides an administrative route that must be satisfied before filing a lawsuit. If you or someone you know was injured at a military or army hospital, you should contact a Federal Tort Claims Lawyer right away to learn about what options you may have.

FTCA medical malpractice claims have a different process than normal tort cases. Claimants must first exhaust all administrative remedies before filing a lawsuit. All claimants must first present their claim to the correct agency of the U.S. Government within the statute of limitations. Archuleta Law Firm has handled thousands of cases in the administrative process and filing lawsuits in federal court. Our medical malpractice lawyers and medical staff are on call to review your case for free.

Archuleta Law Firm has a successful track record of winning military medical malpractice cases against the United States Government. The Archuleta Law Firm has Achieved Three of the Largest Judgments—and Three of the Largest Settlements—in the 70+ year history of the FTCA. See our Case Results page to learn more about the results and success stories we have helped our clients achieve.

Our Case Results Against the Army

Settlement/Judgement Awarded

Received By Clients

Attorney Fees



1. How do I sue the Army?

The FTCA has a specific, time-limited process that a potential claimant must follow. Failure to comply with the provisions of the FTCA can result in the loss of your right to receive compensation for your injuries.

2. What is a Standard Form 95?

The Standard Form 95 is used to present claims against the United States under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) for medical malpractice caused by a federal employee’s negligence or wrongful act or omission that occurred within the scope of the employee’s federal employment.
A common situation we face is when veterans or service members complete and file their own Standard Form 95. This often can be a detrimental action in many cases due to errors made on Standard Form 95. We often have to either amend the Standard Form 95 or turn the case down entirely because of error.

3. Statute of Limitations

The statute of limitations is a law that requires a claimant to file their claim within a certain time frame. The FTCA has a very specific statute of limitations that must be complied with in order to effectively present your military medical malpractice claims to the government. Failure to satisfy the statute of limitations will bar you from being able to recover for your injuries. Often times we have to turn down cases because the veteran or active duty service member has waited too long to file a claim. This is why it is very important to talk to a medical malpractice lawyer right away.

Our Clients Are More Than Cases

The Archuleta Law Firm has a 28+ year history of helping Veterans, Servicemembers, and their families who have suffered from Army medical malpractice and negligence. We have successfully handled thousands of cases under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) throughout the United States.

If you or someone you know has been the victim of Army medical malpractice, you may be entitled to compensation. It’s important to understand your legal rights and options. The experienced Army medical malpractice lawyers at Archuleta Law Firm can help.

image 02 e1631776499339

Our Army medical malpractice attorneys have helped thousands of clients get their lives back on track after an injury or loss. 

We have the resources and experience required to help you pursue the justice and compensation you deserve.

Our medical and legal professionals are on staff to evaluate your claim, free of charge. Our fees are straightforward. There is no fee if no recovery.

One of the primary misconceptions that we’ve heard clients say many times is that they were told that the government couldn’t be sued, or that the Army, Navy, Air Force, or Department of Veterans Affairs could not be sued because they were the federal government and that’s not true in all cases.

Oftentimes, people come to our law firm and think that there’s no possibility of them having a case against the federal government and we’re able to make a recovery for them.

– Dr. Michael Archuleta