Dr. Michael Archuleta M.D., J.D., M.B.A., our lead attorney, has delivered many babies and recovered millions for families suffering from birth injuries in his long career. Along with the medical professionals on staff, our firm can review these cases a determine the right way to proceed in a matter of days. Other Law Firms have to outsource their medical reviews because they are not doctors and do not keep medical professionals on staff. This unique position enables our firm to have a clear understanding of both the medicine and law necessary to get your family the compensation it needs to take care of the child.
Types of birth Injuries
We have represented clients with many different types of birth injuries, including:
- Cerebral palsy
- Brain damage
- Brachial plexus injury
- Erb’s palsy
- Improper forceps use
- Other birth injuries
Medical Negligence and Birth Injuries
The emotional and financial stress the entire family experiences is often nearly unbearable. We understand your pain, and we truly want to help. Medical negligence that results in birth injury can be extremely complex. These types of cases take the right firm with the right experience. That is why it is important to contact a lawyer who is familiar with this type of law.
Our birth injury lawyers (including Dr. Archuleta), as well as our medical professionals, review these cases and all medical records related to labor and delivery to determine if medical malpractice caused your child’s injury. If, after our review, Dr. Archuleta and the medical staff believe the doctor did not meet the standard of care, you may be able to file a claim.
Finding the Right Birth Injury Lawyer
Finding the right attorney is for a birth injury case can be a long and emotional task. This is why it is important to find a skilled lawyer in this area of law and medicine. The attorneys at Archuleta Law Firm have a long history of success representing parents and children who have been victims of medical malpractice.
Damages awarded for birth injuries depend upon various factors and are hard to estimate. However, the Archuleta Law Firm has a successful track record in recovering compensation for our clients, including the following cases:
- $44,717,681 Judgement Awarded at Trial – One of the Largest FTCA Verdicts in History Dickerson v. United States $20,000,000 awarded on appeal $15,752,732 Received by Clients Attorneys’ fees of $5,311,982 and litigation expenses of $232,364 Air Force — Texas
- $32,676,410 Judgement Awarded at Trial – One of the Largest FTCA Verdicts in History Lebron v. United States $23,250,000 awarded on appeal $18,967,710 Received by Clients Attorneys’ fees of $6,374,611 and litigation expenses of $203,577 Army — Puerto Rico, Texas
- $18,708,734 Judgement Awarded at Trial – One of the Largest FTCA Verdicts and Settlements in History Dominguez v. United States $12,000,000 post trial settlement $8,704,761 Received by Clients Attorneys’ fees of $3,000,000 and litigation expenses of $295,238 Army — Texas
- $10,000,000 Settlement – A Large FTCA Birth Injury Settlement Guill v. United States $7,384854 Received by Clients $2,500,000 Attorneys’ Fees and $115,143.23 Case Expenses Army — Washington, Missouri
- $5,800,000 Settlement – A Large FTCA Settlement in a Birth Injury Brain Injury Case Humble v. United States $4,106,711.68 Received by Clients Attorneys’ fees (including co-counsel) of $1,450,000 and litigation expenses of $33,666.12 Darnall Army Community Hospital, Ft. Hood, Texas Army — Texas
- $4,500,000 Settlement – A Large FTCA Settlement in a Birth Injury Case White v. United States $3,172,468 received by Clients Attorneys’ fees of $1,125,000 and litigation expenses of $202,531 Army — Washington, Georgia
- $3,000,000 Settlement – A Large FTCA Settlement in a Birth Injury Case Carman v. United States $2,322,359 Received by Clients Attorneys’ fees of $600,000 and litigation expenses of $77,641 Navy — Virginia, Texas
- $2,300,000 Settlement – A Large FTCA Settlement in a Birth Injury (brain injury) case Holweger v. United States $1,623,930 Received by Clients Attorney’s fees of $575,000 and litigation expenses of $101,070 Navy — Virginia
- $2,247,280 Judgment Awarded at Trial – A Large FTCA verdict in a Brachial Plexus Injury (Erb’s Palsy) case Jackson v. United States $2,100,000 post trial settlement $1,597,500 Received by Clients Attorneys’ fees of $532,500 and litigation expenses of $63,100 Army — Texas
We have achieved three of the highest verdicts and three of the highest settlements in the history of the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA) in birth injury cases against the Air Force, Army, and Navy.
To have your case reviewed by our team of Birth Injury Attorneys, please contact us or fill out our free case review form.